This page contains examples of one exercise from both the Strength phase and the Power phase.
Like the rest of The Power Golf Fitness System, these variations are intended to able to perform with minimal equipment in your home. If you have access to a gym facility, each exercise can be incorporated with more sophisticated equipment; for example, using a cable system instead of a band.
Key exercise points:
- Set the anchor point of the band slightly higher than shoulder level.
- Stand with a wide and stable stance and grab the band first with the hand on the side you are rotating to – the other hand should go on top of that hand.
- Take a belly breath and draw your navel inward to set the deep abdominal wall.
- Monitor your head and spinal position – keep them in neutral throughout this exercise.
- Exhale as you rotate your torso on the solid and virtually immobile foundation of your legs and pelvis. Keep the path of your hands and the cable in a straight line.
- Pause at the bottom of the repetition, then return to the start position under control.
The Power Plank
Key exercise points:
- Assume the standard plank position with spine in alignment.
- Full contraction of all muscles in your body.
- Squeeze glutes, and tuck them under slightly.
- Drive your elbows into the floor, and towards your toes.
- Drive your toes into the floor and upwards toward your elbows.
- Put a small ball or foam roller between your legs just above your knees – squeeze hard
- Perform 4-6 sets of 10s on/20s off
These are just a couple examples of the dozens of stretches and exercises covered in The Power Golf Fitness System.
And now, for a limited time, all subscribers of Golf State of Mind, also get the added BONUS of Three Golf Hypnosis sessions, including:
Track One – Drive Time: Crush It Off The Tee
• Steal Tiger Woods’ instant “Drive Trance” technique… and enter into the ideal Mind/Body State for optimal Power and Distance.
• Program your subconscious mind with all of the crucial swing thoughts (regardless of your swing style)… never get bogged down with the epidemic of “paralysis by analysis” again.
• Attain the perfect combination on structural stability and muscular fluidity… the two essentials of consistently driving the ball long and straight.
• Step up to every tee box with supreme confidence, knowing that the outcome is pre-determined… all you have to do in hit “GO”.
Track Two – The Perfect Golf Swing
• Finally become one with your swing (it’s not as far out as you might think… and it’s the ONLY way to go low day in and day out). Learn how golf is like walking a tightrope (the mental process necessary for success is exactly the same).
• Transfer your perfect practice swing over to a dead-on reliable swing on the course… where it really counts.
• Let go of muscle tension… instantly… for a silky smooth swing – every time.
Track Three – Putt For Dough
• Own the smooth and easy flat stick stroke of a seasoned pro… without the backbreaking hours on the practice green.
• Eliminate three putts. Discover how ancient Zen archers tricked their minds into believing it was impossible to miss… and how you can steal their methods to drain putt after putt on command!
• Effortlessly link up your unconscious mind and your body every time you approach a green (the KEY to consistent scoring). Turn on confidence faster than flicking on a light switch.
• Once you get your unconscious mind and your “awake” brain on the same team, you’ll be a very dangerous golfer.